The “Say Something" Anonymous Reporting System (SS-ARS) teaches middle school students, teachers, and administrators how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, of individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and Say Something to a trusted adult OR use its anonymous reporting system. Specifically, the program educates participants to:
• Recognize the signs and signals of at-risk behaviors – especially within social media
• Take every sign and signal seriously; act quickly to get help by talking to a trusted adult OR
• Report it anonymously through SS-ARS 24/7 Crisis Center, mobile app, or website
• Respond to and manage the submitted tip via a multi-disciplinary educator and administrator teams
• Sustain the curriculum and awareness via student clubs, in-school activities and call-to-action weeks
For more information on the SS-ARS program, please visit:
cloudfront.net/promise/pages/ 201/attachments/original/ 1476978932/SHP_Say_Something_ Parent_Brochure_2016.pdf? 1476978932
The SS-ARS program is being provided through Sandy Hook Promise (SHP), a nation-wide non-profit organization. SHP’s programs are in 50 states – with 7,000+ schools and over 3.5 million students and adults trained. They have a track record, reputation, and knowledge of how to work effectively with kids, parents, and teachers to improve school safety and culture. The program is age-appropriate and research-based. They also have funding to provide and sustain the program at NO COST to the district. To date, SS-ARS and other SHP prevention programs have helped stop multiple school shootings, suicides, and gun threats; reduced bullying and cyberbullying; intervened upon cutting, drug use, racial conflicts, and other violent and victimization acts. We know this program will do the same for our district.
Say Something Anonymous Reporting System allows you to a submit secure & anonymous safety concerns to help identify and intervene upon at at-rist individuals BEFORE they hurt themselves or others. Click here to submit a tip.